Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Foam Hair & a note about my ears

First things first!

Yes, my ears in SL stick out a fair bit. I like them that way... I think it's a little bit humanizing and I like my av to be not "TOO" perfect, ya know? I want her to have a little personality, so she's pretty short, has sticky out ears and a pear-shaped body type. All of this is intentional, and only because I feel like making one of my eyes "popped" or my mouth skewed off like it's gonna run off my face is creepy, do I not take it further.

The side benefit to the ears thing is, it helps me fit in more hairs without needing to adjust the ear setting for every different hair, or modify the sides of the hair. So that's that about the ears, k! =P

Moving on!

So I was at a concert today and saw a girl near me with absolutely fabulous hair. Being my ever curious self, I had to immediately ask where it was from. The answer? Foam!

"Hmmm" I though to meself, "Foam Hair?"



But no! I went to the store and was very pleasantly surprised!! :D I picked up two absolutely beautiful hairs and I don't ever, ever want to take them off! Ever! What the hell rock was I living under when this place came out?! Why have I never read about it? I love!

Now, I'm typically a short hair/up-do kind of girl, because I loathe the way long hair gets stuck in my boobs and shoulders. It makes me literally twitch irl so we can't have that, can we! I tried on the short styles first and they were nice but not OMG nice. And then I tried on the following two delicious master pieces. Picture spam, ahoy! (Shamefully, not all pictures same-sized. Will make mental note to do better next time!)

Pictures do not do these hairs justice. I strongly urge you to check out the demos yourself at Foam, because they are so full of movement and the textures look so soft and pretty! Love!

First, The Drifter (this is the one I saw on the girl at the concert, though hers was brown.)





And now, The Melody (lovelovelovelovelovelovelovelove)





And finally, the whole shebang. This is one of my all time favorite dresses, the Divine Miss Dita from Icing. Shoes are Starley Pumps from ETD.



Stay Classy, San Diego!

No comments:

Post a Comment