Sunday, June 14, 2009

BBBC '09 Kickoff

"How long have you been a blogger?
How has it enriched your life?"


Wow, that's quite a question for someone who had just started her blog last weekend! My time as a blogger has been short. I've tried it in the past and never made it beyond one or three posts because I started to feel self conscious or silly. I finally decided that since everyone who's anyone in SL (=P) has a blog, I could have one too!

It's been a lot of fun so far. I feel cozy with posting things, talking about SL a little, or whatever... my volume of posts is pretty small so far and mostly about clothes! That's because I love, love, love clothes on the grid - they are so fun, they can do things RL clothes can't, anythi
ng can fit anyone with a little effort and you don't have to try them on in grody little fitting rooms!

As far as enriching my life - well blogging hasn't done it yet, but I am hoping it will enrich my future. Give more depth to my second life, give more incentive to try new things and meet new peopl
e. Maybe someone out there like me will read my blog some day, and think "hey, me too!" in that super special way that means a connection is being made. And this challenge is a great way to spark my inner writer into posting.

I've been reading blogs about SL since before I played it, and they have been a huge influence on the
direction (or lack of!) that my second life has taken. Instead of just being an observer, I want to become part of that community, see how it is from the inside and possibly move some small influence of my own out there. *Jedi Mind Trick* Muahaha! No really though, not like that, not at all...

Good luck everyone and welcome to the B
ig Bad Blogger Challenge 2009! :D



PS, anyone else notice how my av looks totally wacked out when smiling? I think I'll leave the fancy emote poses to the pros from now on...

2 comments:

  1. Welcome to the SL blogosphere... :) Last year the BBBC helped me dive in and get started, so this is good timing for you. Great pics, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice blog; hope you get a lot of fun writing! Also, I do recognize so much of what you wrote about relationships - they feel so real it's best to stay away if you don't have the RL for it.

    Cris.

    ReplyDelete